Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Demonstrated capability in organic chemical process development, scale-up, Pilot Plant processing operations, and cGMP operations.
- Experience managing production desired.
- Must be able to use and maintain large-scale chemical processing equipment (reactors, filters, ovens, mills, etc.).
- Must be able to collate and present results in various forms, such as monthly reports, technical reports, and oral presentations.
- Supervisory responsibilities for chemical processes and/or Operators/Operations Leads.
- Responsible for providing technical and trouble-shooting support to Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant processing.
- Supervises execution of chemical processes in the Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant suites and supervises/trains Operators/Operations Leads (as needed).
- Manages the inventory for large scale chemical processing (consumables, equipment, materials, etc.).
- Responsible for keeping the Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant functional and compliant.
- Effective communication (both oral and written) required to interact with Facilities, Analytical Chemistry/Quality Control, Process Research & Development, EH&S, and Quality Assurance to accomplish goals.
Customary Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of cGMP manufacturing for APIs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to bend, reach, stretch, climb ladders, and work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be medically fit to wear a respirator and be comfortable working with, and around hazardous materials under strict safety protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled