- 2 + years previous management experience required
- Protein Biochemistry background highly preferred
- Effectively communicates with clients, vendors, and cross functional teams
- Leads the successful development and technology transfer of QC-analytical assays (SDS-PAGE/Western blot, ELISA, HPLC, and other protein characterization methods)
- Designs experiments and writes detailed protocols and reports, as appropriate
- Leads experimental studies
- Coordinates activities in the laboratory, including maintaining laboratory equipment
- Communicates status of development activities and laboratory issues to Area Management
- Trains and mentors employees
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable regulations
Experience / Education
- Bachelors’ degree in Biological Sciences or science related field with 10 years of experience or
- Master’s degree in Biological Sciences with 6 years of experience or PhD in Biological Sciences with 3 years of experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience with gene therapy vectors and/or gene mediated cell therapy highly desirable.
- Specialized training in laboratory techniques used in assigned laboratory is required.
- Experience in a cGMP environment is highly desirable.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to manage others and to handle problems of a complex nature.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment and computer equipment and software.
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an environment with variable noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Biohazards / Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors, preferred
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability