Independent scientist who demonstrates innovative technical knowledge and significantly contributes to the overall operations of the Virology Department. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and actively contributes to training, report generation and documentation. Demonstrates strong
supervisory skills and contributes to the achievement of company and departmental goals and objectives. Manages resources that support client facing Virology laboratory operations. Supports management of laboratory schedule with operations team. Performs and directs assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Acts as Study Director as required.
• Demonstrates scientific technical expertise.
• Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
• Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
• Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
• Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
• Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
• As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
• Trains new personnel in lab procedures.
• Effectively interacts with clients as required.
• Schedules lab work.
• Performs assays using appropriate lab techniques for lab group assigned to.
• Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
• May perform supervisor responsibilities if assigned by Management
• Prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
• Reports date changes for testing and other pertinent information to clients via Project Management Department.
• Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
• Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
• Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
• Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
• Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
• Other duties as assigned
• May be required to assist in other departments
Experience / Education
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biological Sciences or other science related major
• 4 years’ or more experience
• 2+ years of specialized training in laboratory techniques
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Knowledge of GLP and cGMP guidelines is preferred.
• Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
• Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
• Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave)
• Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric
• Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situations
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions
• Ability to trouble shoot and solve technical problems
• Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
• Need to be able to read, write and understand English
• Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Travel may be required
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.