Experience / Education:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a business development role or equivalent, preferably with a full-service CRO
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Health-related or Business Management degrees preferred)
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Highly independent, self-starter with an ability to take input from all levels of the BD and Operations teams to create clear and effective presentations
- Required to independently communicate with external clients and all levels within the organization Essential to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written, throughout the sales cycle and after award
- Must exhibit positive, professional demeanor in all communications; must maintain effective working relationships with internal clients
- Proven, documented sales track record.
- Extensive relationships in the pharmaceutical, biotech and device industry, which will translate to quickly delivering new clients to the business
- Able to develop comprehensive Territory Plan and penetrate new territory and companies with minimal direction and management
- Highly focused, goal-oriented, able to prioritize well
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English (bilingual in Mandarin preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- If working remotely, must have access to high speed internet and knowledge/ability to resolve IT and computer related challenges through remote communication challenges
- Travel is required 50-75% , primarily domestic/infrequently international, daily/overnight
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to rent a car
- Must be able to work in an office environment, conferences, medical sites, and client offices
- Ability to stand or sit for most of the work day and travel other days
- Must be able to perform some activities with repetitive motion, such as keyboarding
- Must be able to travel for long distances in various methods of transportation (e.g. car, airplane, shuttle bus, train, etc.)
- Must be able to navigate to and from site locations, hotel, and airports with personal luggage and laptop
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.