Experience / Education
- 10 years of relevant Bio pharm / Biotech industry process development experience in cell therapy, viral vector, vaccine or biologics.
- M.S.or Ph.D. in (Bio) Chemical Engineering, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or relevant disciplines.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Matrix leadership experience is a plus
- Experience in process development for biological products, cell and gene therapies preferred
- Experience in early and late stage development, and phase appropriate strategies.
- Understanding of regulatory guidance in CGT field and relevant experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and innovation
- Able to understand and communicate risks, and develop and execute contingency plans
- Works in laboratory and production environments with potential exposure to occupational hazards including chemical cleaners, biohazardous materials, noise, mechanical and heat/cold energy. Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company’s Occupational Health Program.
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.