Senior Laboratory Technician in Molecular Biology will be responsible for performing nucleic acid based assays where high level of proficiency in nucleic acid extraction methods and qPCR is required. High proficiency with independent data analysis required. Preferred experience in a GMP and/or high throughput lab where day to day activities are heavily driven by meeting deadlines. Experience with automation and LIMS systems a plus.
• Performs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
• Performs laboratory support functions (e.g. inventory management) to help ensure lab is operational and contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
• Adheres to and understands the importance of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices. Has a working knowledge of the regulatory compliance requirements for the testing of biologics.
• Performs all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and revisions, and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
• Reviews data entries in lab notebooks, instrument logbooks, and lab cleaning forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
• Creates testing documents and performs revisions to existing documents (e.g., test methods and SOPs)
• Initiating and assisting the completion of NCEs and LIRs within the Master Control environment with minimal assistance of a technical reviewer or supervisor.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the primers/probes/standards/reagents used for testing and preparing them when needed.
• Cross-training opportunities provided to train junior members of the team
• Other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 4 or more years of relevant experience with molecular biology skills, including qPCR and DNA/RNA Extraction
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acid technology.
• Experience in a GMP environment highly preferred
• Previous automation experience preferred
• Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
• Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet) and depth perception
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Works in production environment with exposure to general laboratory chemicals and reagents
• Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company’s Occupational Health Program
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.