Experience / Education
- A minimum of 4 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major. Relevant prior work experience with nucleic acid techniques including end-point PCR, quantitative PCR, and gel electrophoresis required.
- Experience in PCR primer design, hybridization and blotting techniques, and data analysis a plus.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Significant experience in aseptic processing techniques and a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements for a cGMP facility is required.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to wear appropriate laboratory attire and all Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. labcoat, gloves, safety glasses).
- Works in laboratory environment with exposure to latex and bleach. Potential exposure to noise and equipment hazards (i.e. vacuum pumps, pressurized vessels), dangerous materials (i.e. chemicals, sharps, solvents, pathogens), freezer burns, allergens and strong odors.
- Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company’s Occupational Health Program.
- Technician required to work assigned schedule.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- No travel is required
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 25lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 25lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb step stools/stairs
- Ability to enter refrigerators/freezers of varying temperatures (5°C to -80°C)
- Inside working conditions
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.