WuXi Biologics (stock code: 2269.HK), a Hong Kong-listed company, is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing. Our company history and achievements demonstrate our commitment to providing a truly ONE-stop service offering and strong value proposition to our global clients. As of December 31, 2018, there were a total of 205 integrated projects, including 97 projects in pre-clinical development stage, 94 projects in early-phase (phase I and II) clinical development, 13 projects in late-phase (phase III) development and 1 project in commercial manufacturing. With total estimated capacity of biopharmaceutical production planned in China, Ireland, Singapore and US reaching 280,000 liters by 2022, we will provide our biomanufacturing partners with a robust and premier-quality global supply chain network. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments to support client-based processes with a focus on vaccine downstream cell culture processes.
• Work independently on defined biopharmaceutical projects for development and/or characterization of vaccine downstream manufacturing processes.
• Design and execute lab-scale experiment in supporting downstream process development, verification, characterization.
• Perform purification experiments in BSL-2 labs and document experiments in lab notebooks.
• Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation; interact with outside clients/vendors/suppliers
• The candidate should have background in one of the following fields: chemical engineering, biochemical or biological engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology.
• Hands-on experience in downstream purification process unit operations and lab scale experimental execution, preferably UFDF operations.
• BS/MS degree with 0-5 years industry experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as ability to take on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills, work well with diverse team members
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPEs
• Ability to Lift 20 lbs