WuXi Biologics (stock code: 2269.HK), a Hong Kong-listed company, is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing. Our company history and achievements demonstrate our commitment to providing a truly ONE-stop service offering and strong value proposition to our global clients. As of December 31, 2018, there were a total of 205 integrated projects, including 97 projects in pre-clinical development stage, 94 projects in early-phase (phase I and II) clinical development, 13 projects in late-phase (phase III) development and 1 project in commercial manufacturing. With total estimated capacity of biopharmaceutical production planned in China, Ireland, Singapore and US reaching 280,000 liters by 2022, we will provide our biomanufacturing partners with a robust and premier-quality global supply chain network. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting experiments to support client based processes with a focus on vaccine upstream cell culture processes.
• Work on defined biopharmaceutical projects for development and/or characterization of vaccine upstream manufacturing cell culture processes.
• Perform bench scale and pilot scale bioreactor operations in supporting upstream process development, verification, characterization, and tech transfer. Perform data analysis and interpretation, and develop strategies for optimization and troubleshooting.
• Support technical transfer of processes into the non-GMP pilot plant or GMP production facility.
• Keep accurate record of cell culture parameters and results into datasheets and/or laboratory notebooks.
• Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation. Monitor and communicate inventory needs to the lab management group. Interact with outside clients/vendors/suppliers.
• The individual must have proven ability to work in hands-on laboratory setting.
• Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture or vaccine process development/manufacturing using various scales of controlled-bioreactors is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with viral systems within a Biosafety Level-2 (BSL-2) environment is strongly preferred.
• Experience in statistical design of experiments (e.g., JMP, Design Expert) and/or statistical data analysis is highly desirable.
• The individual must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability and a positive attitude.
• This position will require occasional off hour and weekend work.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship is required.
Education / Experience
• The candidate should have background in one of the following fields: chemical/biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or equivalent.
• BS./M.S. with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Job title will be experience/qualifications dependent.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• The individual must have strong communication (verbal and written in English) and interpersonal skills, the ability to work flexibly in a cross-functional team environment and take on multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to build / maintain relationships with partners, collaborators, and customers
• Must be able to work in BSL-2 Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPEs
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability