The Project Manager is the lead on client projects of varying size and complexity. The Project Manager will perform timeline management, drive project actions and deliverables, and lead the team to solve challenges that affect the project scope, timeline and / or budget while meeting the overall project goal(s). Communicates and coordinates with the Client and internal stakeholders. The Project Manager has an in depth understanding of the processes and systems to manage the project, with a solid understanding of the technical aspects of a project.
• Leads projects of varying sizes (small to large).
• Participates in the development of proposals for projects, including direct contact with sales, as well as participation in meetings with the client to support the closure of the sale
• Leads the transition of a client from the Project Team to the Commercial Team at the appropriate time
• Facilitates the team calls both internally and with the client. This includes documenting action items and decisions and any associated follow up
• Establishes and leads Joint Steering Committee, as applicable
• Generates and manages a project timeline
• Coordinates with Supply Chain for manufacturing operations, to ensure appropriate scheduling within the manufacturing facilities and appropriate materials and components availability
• Develops and coordinates project staffing requirements with internal departments to ensure project milestones are met
• Identifies and generates changes in scope, including new work orders and work order amendments, to be issued to the client
• Facilitates documentation between departments, as well as, to and from clients.
• Works with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Log-In to facilitate shipment and receipt of client supplied materials and samples, whether incoming or outgoing
• Solves complex business problems, by navigating the structure, processes and systems at WuXi AppTec
• Supports the team in solving complex technical challenges, by navigating the structure, processes and systems at WuXi AppTec
• Utilizes business and technical knowledge to identity additional services WuXi can provide to clients and connects with sales to solidify those opportunities
• Understands and enforces contract and quality agreement terms
• Works within WuXi AppTec’s financial system(s) to invoice, manage the financial status of the project, including the forecasts
• May be required to work Holidays and weekends
• Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
• Other duties, as assigned
• 5 + years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Bachelors’ degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.