HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its in vivo Pharmacology Division. We’re seeking highly skilled and motivated Research Associate to join the team.
• Conducting in vivo pharmacology experiments for preclinical contract research with minimal supervision
• Assisting and performing efficacy and PK-PD studies and developing new in vivo/ ex vivo assays and models with minimum supervision, as needed
• Help to design, optimize and execute of pharmacology experiments for compound screening, compound mode of action and efficacy in mechanistic and disease models, e.g. syngeneic and xenograft tumor model, acute and chronic autoimmune/inflammatory conditions, and analyses and reporting of experiments or implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
• Assist with and perform other experiments as required
• Working with the team to perform assay development, optimization, and validation projects
• Following SOPs to perform compound receiving, registration, and management
• Help to manage lab coordination
• Associates degree required or Bachelors and above preferred with 1-3 years experience in Biology related field
• Minimal experience in handling rodents/ mice in in vivo pharmacology studies
• Have experience in troubleshooting experiments and performing data analysis.
• Experience in cell culture, and cell manipulation is a plus
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills; able to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Effectively collaborate across cross functional teams, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
Experience / Education
• 1-3 years of experience in Biology related field
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
• Need to be able to read, write and understand English
• Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals (List specific Chemicals)
• Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
• Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
• Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
• Inside/outside working conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability