The Human Resources Director will provide a broad range of Human Resources expertise to support the achievement of business objectives of WuXi Advanced Therapies, Philadelphia location. Acting as a partner to Senior & Site Leadership, the incumbent will work closely with executives and other leaders to support site operations as well as plan and execute strategic and tactical HR initiatives that are aligned with corporate and business unit goals. This position will report directly to the Senior Director, Human Resources, ATU.
Change Management. Collaborates with Leaders and other stakeholders to develop the transformation strategies and tactics, to facilitate organizational success in complex business situations such as organization change, process improvement, and site communication.
Talent Management & Employee Engagement: In collaboration with business leaders and Senior Director of Human Resources, conducts training needs analysis and identifies training solutions to build site capability. Collaborates across US organizations to facilitate, measure, and continuously improve the employee experience at WuXi AppTec. Partners with Recruiting Team regarding site processes related to job offers, requisitions, salary ranges & on-boarding.
Organizational Development: Functions as a strategic partner with client group business leaders in root cause analysis, planning and implementation of pragmatic changes in organizational structure, culture, or processes to support growth within the organization.
Training: Drive, create, implement & oversee employee & leadership development programs, monitor and revise as needed.
Employee Relations: Works with managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues. Conducts investigations as needed. Works with legal team as appropriate. Optimizes managers’ leadership and coaching capabilities by becoming a trusted advisor.
HR Programs & Services. Partners with team members to ensure seamless HR delivery to client group management. This group will be responsible for:
• Identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business goals, as well as strategic direction
• Providing senior leadership and site leadership with an interpretation of current HR policies
• Annual review of compensation data to ensure competitiveness of pay structure to attract, reward, and retain talent
• Facilitating the training of managers and individual contributors on HR programs and policies
• Developing and conducting presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
• Leveraging metrics to inform or persuade business leadership about organization and people performance and engagement.
• Elicit feedback and when appropriate modify processes and activities.
• Manage initiatives to drive HR operational excellence
Staff Development. Coach, mentor, and develop HR staff to achieve their fullest potential. Designing and/or implementing programs in accordance with company-wide Human Resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in HR preferred
• 5+ years’ experience building, leading and developing a direct team and indirect team preferred
• BA/BS degree or additional 4 years’ experience
• An MA/MS degree preferred (and may substitute for 2 years of experience)
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing management strategies and plans.
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.