Independent scientist who demonstrates innovative technical knowledge and significantly contributes to the overall operations of the Virology Department. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and actively contributes to training, report generation and documentation. Demonstrates strong supervisory skills and contributes to the achievement of company and departmental goals and objectives. Manages resources that support client facing Virology laboratory operations. Supports management of laboratory schedule with operations team. Performs and directs assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Acts as Study Director as required.
• Demonstrates scientific technical expertise.
• Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
• Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
• Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
• Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
• Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
• As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
• Trains new personnel in lab procedures.
• Effectively interacts with clients as required.
• Schedules lab work.
• Performs assays using appropriate lab techniques for lab group assigned to.
• Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
• Prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
• Reports date changes for testing and other pertinent information to clients via Project Management Department.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biological Sciences or other science related major
• 4 years’ or more experience in cell culture in a Virology lab
• 2+ years of specialized training in laboratory techniques
• Knowledge of GLP and cGMP guidelines is preferred
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.