Experience / Education
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry or a related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience..
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated capability in organic chemical process development, scale-up, Pilot Plant processing operations, and cGMP operations.
- Effectively demonstrate document revision/creation/review required.
- Must be able to use and maintain large-scale Pilot Plant equipment.
- Must be able to lead production projects with less experienced Operations Technician(s).
- Responsible for providing technical and trouble-shooting support to Pilot Plant processing.
- Participates in execution of chemical processes in the Pilot Plant suites and supervises/trains Operations Technicians during execution.
- May manage the inventory for large-scale chemical processing (consumables, equipment, materials, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping the Pilot Plant functional and compliant
- Effective communication (both oral and written) required to interact with Facilities, Analytical Development, Chemical Development, EH&S, and Quality to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to work typical variable M-F 8-hour shifts from 7am-7pm and occasional weekends, afterhours, and overtime based on business needs.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to various Chemicals and unknown hazardous materials.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE especially full-face respirators and PAPRs.
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull routinely/ often / occasionally 55-gal liquid filled drums.
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Inside/outside working conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.