Executes and delivers key strategic projects with minimum supervision, to increase the capability and capacity of WuXi AppTec Manufacturing and Testing Operations in cell and gene therapies. Applies engineering skills and GMP knowledge for sterile drug manufacturing for all aspects of project delivery from feasibility through start up and hand over to the end users. Aligns the requirements of other functional groups such as EHS, QA, Manufacturing, Testing, and Facilities/Metrology for overall project delivery. Directly responsible for tracking project cost, schedule, targets and achievements.
• Manage multiple large capital and renovation projects from conceptual through detailed design, commissioning and qualification.
• Manage outside engineering consultants, construction managers and contractors.
• Applies sound engineering, technical skills and project management principles in the procedural delivery of said project.
• Define User Requirements, establish project Design Basis.
• Interface with client representatives and other functional groups such as EHS, QA, Manufacturing, Testing, Facilities/Metrology, etc. to manage and coordinate the delivery of design deliverables.
• Review and approve design documentation including engineering calculations, specifications and drawings for HVAC, process piping, clean and plant utilities piping and normal power/emergency power and UPS.
• Manage construction activities, equipment/system start up and commissioning.
• Review and approve commissioning and qualification protocols.
• Provide troubleshooting support for facility equipment and utility systems.
• Provides engineering support to other departments.
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
• Provide technical design and project management support to Project Engineers.
• 5 years as Biopharmaceutical Project Engineer, Project Manager or equivalent.
• Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Process Engineering. PE preferred.
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.